Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday May 15, 2008

This is my favorite moose picture so far, even though we have seen several more this guy came within 6 feet of the car, took a good look at me, then knelt down to drink water, then casually walked away.


Denali (or Mt. McKinley if you prefer) is truly a remarkable site and so far I must have 50 pictures of it, none of which adequately depict her majesty but from time to time I'll insert another.

This is a mew gull - quite common around here.<


Just a beautiful scene inside Denali National Park.<

A ptarmigan in the bush.



Entrance sign for the dinner theatre on the grounds of the hotel where I work. It's called Cabin Night and provides a good family style dinner consisting of salad, excellent biscuits, bbq ribs, honey glazed salmon, parslied red-skinned potatoes, corn on the cob, blueberry/blackberry cobbler and a 45 minute musical skit about things happening around 1930 in this area. My roommate is one of the actors/waiters.

Still seeking a bear willing to pose for a photograph, preferrably standing upright with a cub by her side and within good range of a 200 mm lens.
carl

No comments: